Mermaid, painted with paper added.
I have had a play with a jointed mermaid on smooth water colour paper.
Colours used are Jo Sonja, Paynes Grey, Titanium White, Pale Gold, Napthol Crimson, Raw Sienna and Burnt Sienna.
I have used Jo Sonja Texture Paste on the body of the mermaid and on the rock.
Free pattern available at bottom of this post.
Painted Mermaid
Texture Paste, apply with brush by tapping up and down or patting the paste into required area. Dry. Paint with Paynes Grey. Dry. Load brush with Pale Gold and lightly brush across the surface to highlight the textured pattern.
Rock, tear a piece of printed paper glue, mix Burnt Sienna and texture paste, apply in area of rock with palette knife.
These scans show some of the stages.
Apply a wash of Raw Sienna to watercolour paper.
DRY
Wet area for water, wash lightly with Paynes Grey.
Dry, repeat and use a little stronger Paynes Grey and a touch of Burnt Sienna and Raw Sienna under rock
Paint The bottom section of tail, head and middle section of body, cut out. Push small holes for brads, push brads in to connect segments to the water colour page
This view, I have cut out segments, I also painted the fish with Paynes Grey. On the water I have added a little Titanium white, tip the brush into fresh white paint, tap the tip of the brush gently onto the paper to create froth from waves
I have painted the chest area using Paynes Grey and Titanium White.
Finished.
My first attempt at journalling
Adapted pattern to make ATC
Note Book, texture paste applied with stencil and palette knife. When dry, paint surface.
Same as above but instead of painting it, I have applied silver leaf. When dry, brushed a little Paynes Grey Paint onto surface.
Free pattern.











No comments:
Post a Comment